Why morning workouts are the best (trust me, they are!)
Not an early bird ? Please bear with me and read until the end, I think I can help you change your mind !
Here is why morning workouts are amazing, and why they can change your life (I promise!)
1. Working out in the morning (especially on an empty stomach) is the best way to burn fat. So if you're looking to lose weight, that's an amazing way to maximise your workouts.
2. Since exercise reduces stress, working out in the morning is a great way to start your day with a calm mind, and be more productive throughout the day. Think of all the minutes you don't spend stressing out or getting anxious, those are extra minutes for you to work in a productive way.
You might even manage to leave the office early (just so you can take evening class of course) !
3. In the morning, you have less distractions. Meaning you don't have everything that happened throughout the day weighing on your shoulders. With a clear mind, you can focus on what you're doing, and get the best out of your workout !
4. An early morning workout could set the tone for a healthier day. According to a study published in the International Journal of Obesity, working out early may encourage you to make healthier choices throughout the day.
5. You know all those "happy hormones" (endorphins) you release during your workouts ? Well imagine not going to bed, but spending the entire day with those hormones in your body. That is what happens when you get up and workout before anything else !
There are many many more benefits to workout out in the morning, but I will pause here. Another thing I mean to say, and probably the most important:
A while ago, I was listening to "The Happiness Lab" by Dr Laurie Santos.
The episode was called "You can't always want what you like", and was a huge breakthrough:
She said that every time she got up to workout in the morning, she wanted nothing more but to snooze the alarm and go back to sleep. Yet that every morning she did actually manage to get up for a morning workout, she felt so great she always promised to herself she would never skip again. But then she would skip. Why did that happen? She explains that the brain only wants the short-term benefits (going back to sleep) and had a very hard time remembering the medium/long-term benefits (how great she felt after every morning workouts). So she was explaining how, in those cases, you have to not trust what your body wants at the moment, but try to trust how great you will feel after.
This is what I try to do every morning when my alarm goes off at 5:54 !
I hope this blog post helped you review your morning habits, and to help you further, click here to get a special offer on my morning Livestream classes: 5 classes for 9€ each.
Yes you ready right !!
So I'll see you in class tomorrow (morning) !